This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

31 December 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I never make New Year's resolutions. Ever. Complete waste of time, I'm sure they only serve to depress people more because they can't keep them, they are always far too ambitious and so on and so forth. In fact, I don't think I've ever made a New Year's resolution in my life.

Here are this years:

1) Manage the finances better. I have improved, but could do better. Apparently, the best way to stop spending money on uneccesary items is to keep a record of absolutely everything you buy, down to the last centime. Which of course I will start with immediate effect from tomorrow.

2) Get back into the 'Get fit before 40' campaign.

Actually, what I like to do at New Year is look back over the previous year and think of all the new things I have done/acheived/whathaveyou during the past 12 months, however, small. I always think that I'll never think of anything, but so far I always have. It's good to try/do new things.

Things I can think of so far for this year are:

Wrote and published a website for the business in french.
Wrote another advert for a european site in french.
Grew my own fruit and veg.
Had record year for bookings.
Helped out on school trips.
Made pastry which I then made into pies and quiches. I know that I did this back in the days when I was at school, but that was a very long time ago, so this therefore counts as 'new' thing to have done.
Managed to get myself estranged from at least two, possibly three people (on two different occasions). It's my natural charm.

On a separate note, I've gone back into the gites to start painting again. Partly because we need to get back to work and partly because all I can hear in the house is 'Miley Cyrus' (Isabella got some cd's for christmas) and I need a break and the opportunity to play something decent. (If you must know, Stereophonics was my cure of choice today).

The Dell advert has just been on tv. Is it me or does it feature a pink dog poo?

No comments: