This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

31 December 2009

I suppose there comes a time for every parent on New Year's Eve that they find themselves saying things like 'Now, be careful out there, especially on the roads, there's bound to be some drunk drivers around. And don't drink too much yourselves either. And look out for your friends, don't do anything silly, especially if you end up in the town centre, there'll still be traffic around. And wrap up warm, of course you need a jumper, so what if it's warm inside, it'll be cold outside. And make sure you take your phone, call me if you need a lift, I'll come and get you, no I don't mind what time it is, I'd rather you were safe (so long as you don't puke in the car). No I'm not nagging, I just care about your welfare, I was young once you know, I know what it's all about'. And so on and so forth. And this is my parents I'm talking to, not my girls, they're too young yet to be off out like that. Oh yes, we're parents of young children so we get to spend the night in with a bottle of Baileys and Jools Holland for company while the old folk get to go out galavanting with the local geriatic ex-pat population. Happy New Year everybody.

No comments: