This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

17 December 2009

More moaning

I waas in two minds to write this, but I need a good rant. I shall warn you now though, that it will be even more depressing and miserable than my usual whinges.


Actually, I'm not entirely sure how I've managed to get out of bed in the mornings this week, everyday more and more crap seems to be happening. I think it may have something to do with the two young girls demanding breakfast. That and the fact that the house is so cold that eventually one of us has to get dressed and go outside and down to the cellar to smack the boiler about to persuade it to come on and start putting some heat out.


Current fun things in my life at the mo (apologies for the repetition):


My shoes have holes in the soles that let in water. Went to buy some new ones on Tuesday. Can only fit into men's shoes, and couldn't even fit into all of them. Managed to get a pair that were on sale, although that doesn't mean cheap over here, just cheaper (slightly). Apparantly they are quite a fashionable label, but to me it just looks like a picture of a couple of naked people sitting on my shoes. Update a few days later: They are also bloody freezing. They do not keep my feet warm and I have resorted back to old shoes with holes because they are warmer.


The car failed it's MOT. The MOT place and the garage said that we have until Feb to get it sorted (date for MOT) and to book it in for beginning of Feb. Driving out the other day, Adrian noticed that the windscreen sticker to show that you have a valid MOT has been removed, which I believe you have to have there by law. Am annoyed, because that could be serious if we got pulled over and why would they say come back in Feb, why not 'you must have it done now, your existing MOT is invalid'. However, have ordered spare parts (£100.00 from uk as opposed to €500,00 for french one) and will get it done asap and hope we don't get stopped in the meantime.


The hot water pipe from one of our boilers froze yesterday so only hot water in certain parts of the house.


The pipes have burst in several places in one of our gites. The one where we have guests coming to stay over Christmas. Adrian and my dad are in the roof space as I type, hopefully fixing it all. Update a few days later: now fixed at a cost of €75,00.


Chased up the repair people for the washing machine. Got an answer phone message saying they couldn't help with anything at the moment, go into the shop where you bought the offending items. Went into the shop, after speaking to three members of staff, (one of whom (spoken to him before actually, he's a complete tosser) actually walked away, off into the staff area and never came back!) who all told me to ring the 'helpline', I finally got someone helpful who sorted out a repair person (coming tomorrow) and even offered me a loan machine (coming this afternoon). I expect the machines will be taken away, never to be seen again, we shall see..... Update a few days later: Loan machine was a top loader so didn't fit under my worktop so had to send it back.


Update: I saved this because at the time I had so much more to say, but now I can't be bothered so I'm just going to post it as it is.

No comments: