This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

20 August 2010

Made it to the edge of the village today (on the bike), went the long way round to avoid the main road and the proper hill.  Googled the trip when I got back - 7kms!  I'm well chuffed, not much for some, but a fair old trip for me not having ridden a bike for 22 years and being seriously out of shape.  Why do people say that?  I have actually got plenty of shape, that's my problem.  Anyway, the going was good, which is why I carried on further than I was planning.  It was only when I turned around to come back that I realised that I had had the wind behind me on the outward trip and was therefore riding into the wind on the way back, already half knackered.  I tried to be positive and think 'nice cooling breeze' but it's been a hot afternoon and the breeze was warm.  Anyway, I made it back and jumped in the pool to cool off.  Glass of wine in hand now, but that's mostly to ease my way into tomorrow, only 3 hours and seven minutes to go.

No comments: