This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

18 August 2010

Bike!

My new bike arrived today!  Am sooo excited!  It's my birthday present, but I've just been out on it, had to check it was ok and anyway, I'll be working all day on my birthday, and the day after, so won't have time then.  Went up the road to the bins and back, about 100m and could feel the burn.  Adrian adjusted seat and handlebar height, put new padded seat on (you'd think I'd have enough padding of my own) and went back off up the road.  Went further this time, all the way up to the crossroads, passed by a fire engine on the way up, blimey they're enormous close up, and just about made it to the junction.  The road is decptively flat when you walk it.  My legs were killing me.  Free-wheeled it back down - now that's my kind of cycling, I got a serious buzz out of that, so I decided to have another go, but just half-way this time, thought I'd turn around just before the hill starts.  Unfortunately, one of our neighbours passed me along the road so I had to keep going until she was out of sight, by which time the road had started it's ascent.  Then I realised that the bike has gears.  So I put it into a low gear.  Not so bad after all...  (although a bit complicated for me - my last one had five as I recall.  Which reminds me - I think the last time I went on a bike was about 22 years ago.

No comments: