This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

05 February 2010

I did this!!!


For various reasons, which I can't be bothered to explain to you right now, it was recently time for Georgia to move out of her toddler bed (for sale if you're interested) and into a full sized bed. Fortunately, we had one in bits in the garage. Unfortunately, it was dark wood and not really nice for a little girl. No worries, says I, I'll paint it! We had all the paint already (white and two pinks as you can see), so no need to even spend out any money. Well, bloody hell, it took about two weeeks. Could only do it in the evenings, due to having to look after girls/work etc and could only paint one side at a time so that each bit could be propped up somewhere whilst drying (there are also two long side supports which you can't see in this photo) and it needed three coats of paint and then of course all the pink had to go on after all the white weas done. Plus I tried to leave it all to dry in the garage, but it's so cold and damp out there that after 24 hours, the paint still wasn't dry, so it had to stay in the kitchen the whole time, which meant more nagging at the girls ('don't touch' 'stop messing about near there''come away''yes, the paint is still wet, that's why your fingers are white, now come here and don't touch anything else'). Before I started this little project I did think it might be nice to paint her bedside table to match (which is a bit crappy, it was left in one of the gites by the previous owenr), but I've now changed my mind and I certainly won't be doing it in the near future. However, all that said, am actually quite proud of it in the end, it doesn't look half bad, even though I do say so myself!

No comments: