This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

17 January 2011

Unfit

Woke up to yet more bloody rain.  However, this afternoon it dried up and we had a bit of sunshine, so I in my wisdom, decided to go out on my bike.  Haven't been on it since last October and have put on a bit of weight since then.  Had to stop at the top of the road.  I used to get all the way up the hill.  And to the village and elsewhere.  After my short stop, went right at the junction along a road that goes downhill slightly.  There were two farmers in the field near to the road, so I ended up turning around and going in the opposite direction as coming back would be uphill and I might not have been able to make it and would have had to stop near the farmers, not having that.  Didn't go far in the other direction, well, it was muddy and I didn't want to get the bike too dirty.  That and I wanted to have a chance of being able to get home.  Had to sit down for a while when I got back, legs were like jelly. 

No comments: