This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

03 January 2011

Foraging at the bins.

Did a bit of unexpected foraging today.  Took the rubbish up to the bins (God knows they couldn't possibly collect it from the house) and found a load of things dumped beside the recycling bins.  This happens quite often and is very annoying, especially as it's usually rubbish that should be taken to the tip.  Not normally from the folk in our hamlet, but this time I think it was from our neighbours who moved away at the week-end.  Anyway, brought home: crate of beers (30), two trays of coke cans, six bottles of tonic water, six bottles of perrier,12 small bottles of iced-tea and one large one (....).  All except the beer was a bit out of date, but I opened one of the coke cans and it was still fizzy and the 'waters' will be fine.  Not bad, but won't pay for the 4000,00€ bill we have to cough up by mid-feb in the way of social charges which we were assured were up to date, but apparantly not.

No comments: