This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

29 November 2009

I think I'm going to have to give up facebook from now until at least the new year. Not that I do much on it myself, but it's good to be nosey and see what other folk are getting up to from time to time. Unfortunately, these days, all I seem to get when I log on is stuff about people going to the mall and shopping, for themselves, for christmas, anything really and it's getting me down a bit now. I'm not normally a jealous person, but bombarded with other people's shopping sprees is turning me near insane with envy.

Actually, we're planning on a trip to our nearest shopping 'mall' on Wednesday (an hour's drive away). Although I use the term 'mall' in the broadest sense, it's not exactly cribbs causeway. Really just a few shops with a roof over the space between them. At one end there's Ikea and at the other a large supermarket. In between there's several restaurants and lots of small expensive clothes shops that I wouldn't fit into anyway (the clothes, not the shops). There's also a small garden centre with a section selling gravestones for dead pets. There's a very large old-fashioned carousel which is in the middle of it all and therefore impossible to avoid (In the middle of the mall, not the dead pet section). Naturally the girls love it and we don't get any peace until they've been on it at €2,50 per ride each. It also happens to be next to Mcdonalds, which is not a cheap eat out in this country (two happy meals, two 'best of' menus and three deserts, not much change from €30,00. We don't go there when we go to the mall). It's always a great day out!

I did have a lovely little story to tell you right now, in fact I was half-way through writing it when my dear husband came in a censored it, so I can't. I'm just letting you know because I'm bitterly disappointed and now I shall have to go and eat chocolate in front of him (he's on a diet. Actually he's doing very well, wish I had his discipline).

What shall I talk about then? The weather maybe? It's really shit at the moment, just keeps raining. It even got quite stormy last night and one of our trees fell down, so that'll be a bit of firewood to go the with other bits we collected. Anyway, x-factor is on now, so I'm off to shout at the tv for an hour.

No comments: