This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

20 June 2010

So, on Friday morning, the second estate agent came around.  First of all I thought he'd only just got out of bed and not had time for his very small but very strong french coffee, he was clearly half-asleep. Very difficult to talk to, definately had a sense-of-humour bypass, but more thorough than the previous guy, so that was a positive.  Again no commitment on value, he's going to have to calculate it and get back to us at the begginning of the week.  Bracing myself for the typical estate agents sales speak I also asked this guy if they had any nice little local houses we and my parents might be interested in.  'Um, I think we might have one or two nearby, I'm not really sure'.  Not really a good advert for tempting us to go with them to sell our place.

In the afternoon, the third estate agent came over.  Much nicer guy.  Thorough and pleasant to talk to.  Although he also asked us what price we wanted.  Gave up this time and told him.  He promptly added 50,000 euros on to it and said he'd be happy to market it at that price.

Anyway, it's nice to get back to living in a tip again after a few days doing the 'show home at home' look, which really isn't us.  To be honest though, I don't think it made any difference.  House value over here seems to be calulated on square metreage of the property and that's that.  Hence the second agent has had to go away and 'calculate' the value.

Just a little foot-note on the bees, I'm sure you're deserate to know, they seem to have eaten the remainder of the honey and then disappeared again. Cheeky little things.

No comments: