This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

12 April 2010

Spring in the Garden

Ah - the sound of spring in the garden - the birds singing, a gentle breeze through the trees, the frog chorus of an evening and the chainsaw. Yes, we have been lopping trees.

And today I have mostly been learning that:

-It is not a good idea to stand underneath a branch that you are in the process of lopping off a tree.
-Once you start pruning, it is difficult to stop. Hence the cherry tree is no more. Started off with a few twigs here and there. Then some bigger branches. Then my husband appeared with the chainsaw and now it is gone, branches to go to the tip and bigger pieces to be dried for burning in a couple of years. Before you recoil in horror, you should know that it wasn't exactly in the best of health, we never got to see it in bloom as it's not near the house and the birds used to eat what fruit there was on it anyway.
-My secateurs need sharpening.
-Young children do not consider an afternoon in the garden, pruning trees, to be suitable and fun entertainment during the half-term holidays.
-They do however, enjoy climbing about in someone else's flashy sports car with their wellies on and messing about with all the controls. I could only watch and pray that they would do no harm (it was't my idea to put them in there).

No comments: