This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

12 April 2010

Nothing like customer service

Had a letter from the bank last Friday, informing us that there was a cheque book waiting for us to pick up at the bank. A bit odd, I thought, if they were spending money on postage telling us about the new cheque book, why not just post the cheque book? So off we trotted to the bank, the very same day that we received the letter. Needless to say, they couldn't find the cheque book anywhere. Finally, after the involvement of two other members of staff, they decided that someone else had just been sorting out the cupboards and quite possibly posted the cheque book to us anyway. Indeed, the cheque book turned up today in the post. I think that the words I'm looking for include 'banging', 'head' and 'brick wall'.

No comments: