This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

27 March 2010

This week

Georgia learnt the word 'Why?'

Isabella asked for her ears to be pierced. ('Mummy, I want holes in my ears' 'No' 'All the other kids have them' 'Who?' 'Enkara' 'Anyone else?' 'Margot' 'Anyone else?' 'Um, no' 'Wait 'til you're older' 'Why?' 'Oh my God, not both of you. I'm going to lie down')

I had been wondering when these events would occur, not sure that I deserved for them both to happen at the same time.

Added up our outgoings and projected income. One is higher than the other. It's not the income.

Compared my 'average' weekly shop this week, with that of the same articles (or very similar) available online at Tescos. €20,00 cheaper at Tescos! That's €1040,00 per year!

Adrian and I actually went out for a meal of an evening. I think the last time was on our wedding anniversary, months and months ago. Very nice it was too. Steak and chips, can't go wrong! (Actually mine was bison, Adrian had the cow. Talking of which, they have slightly different chocolate items over here at easter. I saw a chocolate cow in the shop the other day and the thought occured to me, I don't know if I would be too happy to recieve that as a gift. I think it could be misinterpreted).

Saw the first swallows. I saw one, Adrian saw two. Or maybe the same one twice. Anyway, Adrian is sure that this is two weeks earlier than last year (he thinks it was second week of April) and appararently this means we are in for a good summer. Sincerely hope so.

Still no piece for the kitchen cupboard. We go into the shop every week now and every time they say 'next week'.

No comments: