This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

24 April 2009

Ok before I write anything I apologise in advance for the bad words that I will be using, in fact, if you don't like bad words, just skip this piece. You have been warned....

Had a bit of a 'Notting Hill' moment yesterday - remember the film in Hugh Grant's flat and Spike is going to see a girl and trying on inappropriate t-shirts, until he has a reasonable one that says something like 'you're nice' on the front and then he turns to leave and on the back it says 'fancy a fuck?'.

Well anyway, the death metal band are here and they're really nice guys. Very friendly and polite, always shake hands when they see me, ask how I am, rang twice on the evening they were due to ask if they could arrive a bit later than scheduled and very apologetic about it (which is more than some of our english speaking guests can manage - last year we had a family who eventually called us at 10.30pm on the day of arrival to inform us that they were at a local restaurant, just waiting to be seated and would be over when they'd had their meal. It was only 5 mins away and no, one of them couldn't possibly come over and pick up the key and be shown where their gite was so that we could get to bed, us having been on the go since first thing that morning and going to be doing the same thing the next day. Perks of the job...).

Anyway, back to the tale of the nice guys in the death metal band. Yesterday I was having a lovely chat with one of them, again with the hand shake, how are you, etc etc, couldn't have been nicer, very polite and what have you. Then he turned to leave and the back of his t-shirt read 'Your mother sucks cocks in hell'.

I saw him again later on and said 'nice t-shirt', 'thanks' he said, he thought I was refering to the gory image on the front, 'no, I mean on the back' - 'ah, um oh yeah', slightly shifty looking, I think he had forgotten what it said momentarily. He speaks good english too, according to Adrian, so it's not as if he doesn't understand it, fortunately, we haven't got any other guests in at the mo!

No comments: