This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

14 April 2009

In the Garden 3

Been getting very excited lately, the mangetout is coming up well, the first carrots I sowed have come up, the onions and garlic are doing well too and the seedlings in the propagators in the house have been coming along too. Unfortunately, since I have been ill over the weekend, some of my carrots seem to have disappeared. Some have gone completely and some look like they've been cut off at ground level. Naturally, I am blaming the cat.

Also had a bit of a disaster with the seedlings. They were doing well in the house, so I transfered them to the little plastic greenhousey type things we have outside. Unfortunately, I forgot to take the lids off the propagators, nor was I up and about to open up the fronts of the greenhousey things during the day whilst I was ill, so all the salads have withered and died and the melons are looking like they're on their last legs, so will have to start again. Never mind, it's just a few seeds, and you live and learn and all that.

Have started to fill tubs with soil for the potatoes and hopefully, in the next couple of days I'll feel up to planting some of them. And re-doing all the seedlings. And planting more carrots. And so on with all the other jobs, it's never ending this gardening lark.

No comments: