This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

18 September 2010

lizard!

Went out last night (school meeting.  The excitement of my life).  Wore my trainers and as I was driving along the road I felt an odd sensation in my right shoe which made me think 'it feels like there's a spider in my sock', but I knew there couldn't possibly be a spider in there so I decided that probably my sock was a bit baggy and it was the movement of my feet on the pedals making it feel odd.  This morning I was sweeping the kitchen floor (a miracle in itself) and picked up my trainers to move them out of the way when I noticed a flat, dead, baby lizard in my trainer.

And talking of school meetings I was asked to join the parents committee yesterday.  Clearly they are either desperate (actually it turns out that they are) or France has suddenly gone all pc and needs a token english person on the committee.  Especially as the previous one has just left.  You know who you are. 

And after last nights meeting in which the class teacher admitted that her english was somewhat rusty to say the least and she has already been asking my daughter how to pronounce words (so far, after two full weeks in school they've learnt 'hello', 'goodbye' and the days of the week), it was suggested to me by another parent that I should go in and help teach english....  It's nice to be wanted I suppose!

No comments: