This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

25 September 2010

Car booty!

Been to four car boots in the past month and managed to pick up a few bargains.  Two of the car boots were big (one apparently had about 700 stalls and I can believe it, we certainly didn't get to see them all) and two were very small, one barely had 20 stalls!  I know that you're desperate to find out what we got, so here's a little list of what I can remember:

  1. Winter clothes for the girls at 1€ each (which, even though second hand, tend to be better quality than the cheap crap that I can afford in the shops over here which just fall apart after a few days.  After sifting through the unwashed stuff at the car boots (seriously!) when I find good stuff for sale it tends to be properly good stuff).
  2. A winter coat for Isabella, long and pink and suede effect for 3€.
  3. Adults and kids board/boxed games for the guests (although the kids ones seem to be in our house at the moment) for 2€ each.  Monopoly, Triominos and Connect Four, all in 'as new' condition.  I'm sure there was another one, but I can't remember what it was now...
  4. An electronic keyboard for 2€ for Georgia for her birthday.  Got one for Isabella's birthday at an earlier car boot for the same price and they both love it.  Hence they needed one each for the sanity of their parents.
  5. A couple of cheap books for the girls.
  6. A bike for Isabella for Christmas, not just from us, but from her grandparents as well.  She has started to grow out of her current bike, we'd raised the seat and the handlebars and it was better for her, but it has no gears and she was struggling a bit when she was coming out riding with me on our 'flat, but not flat' roads.  She also can't get up much speed on the flat roads....  Anyway, had a look at some of the bikes in the shops and the prices are horrific and the gears are often very stiff, even I struggled to change them.  This bike in the car boot was in excellent condition, a nice dark pink colour, has five gears which are easy to change and came with a good adjustable helmet, all for 60€!  Still a lot of money for us, and probably more than you'd pay in the uk, but we could never afford a new one, so we took the opportunity whilst it was there.  The new version of the same bike is currently selling for 150€ in the shop, plus the helmet at 17€, so all in all a bit of a bargain.  Had fun trying to get it in the car though, just about managed!

No comments: