This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

25 September 2010

Bath time

Had a bath this morning.  Ok, so that may not be headline news, but it is a rare event for me.  Don't get me wrong, I do shower daily, but sometimes I need a bath.  Unfortunately, ours is not a proper bath, it's a french bath which is more like sitting in a large bucket.  But today I am ill and couldn't face standing in the shower so I dug out some essential oils (marjoram, rosemary and eucalyptus, not sure if they really go together but I've pretty much lost my sense of smell and I figured they're all good for a cold) and ran the bath.  The base of our bath is about 60cm long (two rulers worth) and it's not flat either - half of the base is about 5cm higher than the lower half (for sitting on) with a drainage channel going down the middle of it (don't try to picture the reasons for that).  So whatever position you're in, you are always guaranteed to be cutting off the blood supply to your lower legs.  That is, you can either be sitting up with your knees bent; slightly lounging back with your knees bent double or slightly lounging back with your legs outstretched, but bent at the hip so that your feet are half-way up the wall in front of you (this position has the added bonus of making your stomach (well mine anyway) look like it's auditioning for the part of Michelin Man).  So therefore, every few minutes I have to stand up to allow the blood to drain back down to my feet again in order to avoid pins and needles.  Very relaxing.

And you may think I can't be that ill if I'm sitting at the computer, but I tried watching daytime tv, and Saturday morning daytime tv at that, and it was making me worse.

No comments: