This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

18 March 2009

Adrian's Poetry Corner

Adrian has gone all deep and meaningful on me and started writing poetry. Honestly, you think you know someone and then they go and pull a stunt like this - still, if this is his mid-life crisis it could be worse...

Here's one for starters:

Life

My illness gave us the money to spend
No cash left, bad health to the end
The gites were great but just don't pay
So perhaps we'll have to go back one day

We love this place and all around
We sit outside, but not a sound
No people walking past our house
Here in the country, maybe a mouse
I hate the large built up towns now
Noisey, bustling, holy cow

I never thought I'd be like this
To sit by the river and watch the fish
Go gliding by, not a care it seems
Could lack of money end all our dreams

The kids made friends
They love it so
Do we really, Really have to go
I found a Euro in the street
Hooray we now have bread to eat

We do so hope the summer brings
Vacation people and all those things
They brought the playstation, The cube, The Wii
For us those things are not to be
They cost so much, but its nice to look
Our money may stretch to just a book

Now the cars gone bang I've had enough
I never knew it would be this tough
Now no cash to splash
Perhaps go back as white trash
I don't wanna go this was our dream
But it was the coffee, not the cream

No comments: