This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

19 July 2010

Bravery. Ugly babies.

I was very brave today.  On Friday evening I saw an advert for a job that I could do, but being Friday evening I had to wait until this morning (Monday) before I could call up about it.  I managed to put it to the back of my mind until last night when I went to bed, at which point I started having a major stress about it.  After all, if I couldn't ring up now, I never will in the future.  Anyway, after an awful night's kip (or lack of) I did indeed call them up.  Unfortunately, the job had already gone to someone else, BUT - I was not told to bugger off completely, which is what I was expecting, I was instead asked to send in my details and my hours of availability as they are sometimes looking for other staff.  Of course, they've probably said this to everyone who calls, but they could easily have not said it to me on account of my english accent and generally not being french.  So even though I still have no job at the end of the day, I am quite proud of myself for actually making the call.  And no, I'm not going to tell you what the job is; if I ever get the job, I'll tell you then, it'll give you a giggle and no doubt about it.

Had a fair few babies in the gites this year.  The first one was very cute and sweet and smiley and I thought 'aah'.  The second one was also very cute and sweet and smiley and again I thought 'aah'.  Then on Saturday, the third one turned up, unfortunately he is also very cute and sweet and smiley and at first I thought 'aah'.  But then I thought 'Oh No!  How can this be?'  I do not generally think of babies in this manner (except of course for my friends and relatives babies who are absolutely gorgeous without exception) and then I started to panic.  What if I'm going all broody again and in want of another small person for myself.  Very dangerous territory quite frankly.  Fortunately, help was at hand in the form of the fourth baby who turned up yesterday and was quite spectacularly ugly.  You know, the kind only his parents could love.  Good job I've had lots of practise lately with the 'oohing' and 'aahing' and 'isn't he lovely's'.  Clearly then, it was just a spate of cute babies and I'm absolutely fine, not broody at all, nothing wrong with me.  Phew.  Talking of 'phew' the weather is seriously 'scorchio' here at the mo.  Very nice, but a little challenging for working in, although at least we're working. 

No comments: