This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

22 January 2010

Today I am ill. A bad cold and I feel really crap. So bad that I had to lounge around on the sofa most of the day (after I finally dragged myself out of bed late morning) and I even had to put the tv on this afternoon, I'd tried reading but it was just too much. But then I discovered that there's nothing to watch in the afternoon. It's so utterly dire, all these channels and nothing that I could even mildly cope with. At one point I left the picture on, but turned the sound off it got so bad. Yes, I could have turned off the tv of course, but I needed a distraction from my ailments and I mistakenly thought it would help. I even tried qvc at one point in the hope that I could have a battle with myself not to get the credit card out and be tempted into buying stuff I don't need, but they were having a crap day too and try as I might, I just couldn't be tempted by easy-yo yogurt or flowery bedding for the spare room I don't have or genuine real fake diamonds set in genuine real sterling silver with almost realistic gold effect overlay. I'm only sitting here typing because I can't face getting up and persuading the girls to get ready for bed. And what a load of crap they've eaten today - I had to revert to the morning sickness diet for them - ie get up, drag arse into kitchen, grab a couple of items from freezer (usually involving some kind of processed potato product (ie chips) and processed meat product ('wahey, chicken nuggets, thanks mum, you're the best')) and bung in oven, crawl back to sofa, get back up again, drag arse back into kichen and switch oven on this time, crawl back to sofa for 15 mins, go back into kitchen, tip everything onto plates and serve up to grateful children with lashings (there's that word again) of mayonnaise and 'no there isn't any more ketchup, I've told you several times now we've run out and you'll have to wait until summer when some kind family leaves a bottle behind for us, I'm not spending money on that stuff if I don't have to'. So there you go, that's me being ill, wish you were here?!

No comments: