This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

05 October 2009

Quiz of the week 2

Just remembered something my dear husband said to me the other day, I was gobsmacked. I bought some new shoes (because I needed them, not because I wanted them) and he had the nerve to suggest that I have too many shoes, I'm always buying shoes and I think he was about to call me Imelda, except he noticed the steam rising off me and stopped himself.

Therefore the non-weekly 'Quiz of the week' this week is:

Do you agree?

Here is my shoe history since, in fact prior to, arriving in France (four years ago):

Brough over with me from uk and still using now:

- One pair of summer sandaly type shoes
- One pair of heeled boots
- One pair of trainers
All of the above bought around the time Isabella was born, so about six or so years old and still wearing them now.

One pair of wellies bought when we first got here, cost at the time around £10.00, still wearing them now

One pair of trainers after about a year of being here, still wearing them now (the others above are garden/working trainers)

One pair of winter shoes that I bought the first year we were here, still wearing them now.

Two pairs of flip flops, a few quid each

One pair of fancy sandals for my brother's wedding, about £12.00

One pair of crocs mammoth (Yes, I know they are exceedingly ugly, but they are purple and they are practical. We have a stone floor in the kitchen, cold in summer, bloody freezing in winter and I needed something I could wear in there in winter and also potter about garden in - ie to fetch washing, gather veg, shout at kids etc. I promise I do not wear them out anywhere. Ever.)

And the lastest addition which just about had me admitted to rehab: A pair of shoes for autumn/spring wear - the sandals are too cold and let the wet in and my winter shoes/trainers are to hot.

Seriously, after four years, (six, even) is this excessive?

Note: Anyone who even considers agreeing with my husband, we are considering a trip to the uk in the near future and I know where you live. Mind you, we'll only be over if we can get on the boat as stowaways, not easy with two kids, a car and a top box.

No comments: