This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

01 September 2009

Peace at last!!

Last week-end meant the end of being fully booked, and much as I would like to be permanantly fully booked (in the gites) and much as I have enjoyed the season this year (we have had some lovely folk in), it's very nice to have the place (almost) to ourselves again. Unfortunately, the last week was brits only - for the first time since the beginning of July and we had a couple of families in with not the nicest of kids and it was not such a nice atmosphere in general as it has been over the summer, with a good mix of brits, french and other europeans. So it felt like we ended on a bit of a bad note and quite frankly, I was glad to see the back of some of them!

We have so far booked a record 63 weeks, (previous years have been 45/46/47 weeks) which I am very pleased about, although our income has still been crap, but we'll work on that for next year. I was not prepared for such a good response to our advertising from the french/europeans, so I'm going to be sorting that side of things out now and hopefully find ways to improve the income side of things for next year.

Isabella goes back to school on Thursday - at last - only nine weeks off! Georgia will also be starting then as well, which I'm having a major stress about, worrying about how she'll cope (and possibly how I'll cope, I'm sure she's going to be upset). Still, I think once she's settled, she'll have a good time and it's about time she started making some friends of her own age and learning french.

No comments: