This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

19 July 2009

I don't think I'll ever get around to telling you about the holiday, except it was very relaxing in the end, we all had a good time, didn't do much except for a couple of trips to the beach, but just what we all needed. Did have some ice-creams one day at Carnac, from some stall selling far too many flavours to choose from although some were an easy decision to turn down (curry ice cream anyone?). Anyway, it was a lovely day so we sat and ate them outside the 'ch'ti pub'. (In Chateaubriant you can get your cars fixed at 'cac automobiles'. We have a mattress on one of the beds in the gites - brand name 'fucus' (In case you're wondering, of course the other beds have mattresses)).


Oh yes, one other thing, the camera broke whilst we were on holiday, so not many snaps, certainly not of the girls anyway. Several of the inside of the gite where we stayed though - 10 of the electric fuse box, one of a radiator, one of the kitchen area ceiling lights, one of the washing machine, three of the windows, one of the kitchen units, one of the toilet, one of a door, one of a bedroom wall, one of a bedroom ceiling, 8 of beams on the ceilings/walls and two of curtains pulled across the windows. I had no idea we had them until I saw them on the computer, Adrian says they were for 'research purposes'. Unfortunately, the camera had broken before we got to the beach, so he couldn't do any 'research photography' there. Talking of which, I forgot to mention how, when we were at the first beach, in Carnac, that when we got there I said to Adrian 'I'm the only woman under 50 not wearing a bikini'. Five minutes later I had to correct myself - only woman under 80 not wearing a bikini!!! And one of them was only wearing the bottom half!! Topless old folk, it's too much for me. Me in a bikini would be too much for anyone else. Although I must admit it got so hot here a few weeks ago, even I had to resort to my old pre-children bikini.... my advice to you - best not to think about it!

Weather is unseasonably crap at the moment, wet, windy and cool. The pool is freezing (after being lovely and warm not that long ago), very embarrassing, will definately be getting heating for next year.

We are very multi-cultural this week, we have brits, an american, french, germans and norwegians (some of whom are originally from Gabon). I don't know what language to speak to who (whom?), I can't even remember people's names. (Not that I can speak german or norwegian).

Anyway, on to other much more important stuff. Most of you don't know my brother, and certainly not his wife, but they were expecting a baby, due in September. To cut a long story short and to avoid giving too much personal info away, the baby was delivered by emergency cesaerian on Monday, a little boy, nine weeks early. My brother's wife was very ill and was in intensive care for several days, thankfully she has recovered enough to go home now, their little boy will of course be in hospital for some time. So far, on the whole, he seems to be doing well and my folks have gone back to the uk to be with them and help them out as much as possible. Having, told you all that, I am not going to write any more, it would not be right of me to write about such a difficult and personal time for them, indeed us all, on the internet.


No comments: