This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

14 February 2009

Washing machine broke down a few days ago, less than a week after the sales ended. Adrian kept saying we should get a new one whilst the sales are on as I knew the one in our house wasn't going to see the year out and we also have another in the gites that might need replacing if we can't repair it. Anyway, I in my infinite wisdom said 'no'. We don't have the money at the mo, and I thought it would at least last until we start getting some bookings and therefore some money in order to pay for it. Anyway, seems the machine itself overuled and chose to do so whilst it was part way through a wash, full of washing and water. Probably sensed that the kitchen floor needed a wash.



So off we totted around the shops to gasp in horror at the prices of machines. Especially as I need a large capacity machine to cope with all the washing in the summer (bedding and towels for 22 people). Eventually ordered one off the net at a good price. Delivery time up to 30 working days. Which would normally work out at 6 weeks, however half the french don't seem to work Wednesdays (no school, so teachers and parents don't work) and the other half don't seem to work Mondays (shops and banks shut) so it could be some time before we see it. Fortunately we have another machine in the laundry (for the guests who don't have one in the gite), although it does mean putting my coat and shoes on to get to it, so its not very convenient, but better than nothing! Also, we charge 3 euros for powder and usage, so its going to cost me a bit...

On a lighter note, Isabella is on school hols at the mo so we went off out for the day yesterday, my parents as well. We went over to the coast, had a wander round the shops and harbour, had a lovely lunch and then spent the afternoon on the beach! It was lovely and sunny and we had a great time, the girls especially, rockpooling and collecting shells and things.
















Back to reality today, painting the front gate and other items in my on-going list of stuff to do. Adrian has been fixing a fence after the bad winds we had last week (weather-wise). The trampoline was blown over the top of the fence and landed stuck in the trellis fence over the back infront of two of our gites. A couple of poles on the tramp were also bent, but it could have been worse and its a chance to give the tramp a good clean (yet another job to do).

No comments: