This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

22 December 2010

Bargains!

I have a new addiction in the form of the 'small ads' on the internet (french).  I sell stuff on there and now I buy stuff on there.  At the beginning of winter I bought a winter coat off a someone for 10€!  My old one was falling apart but I couldn't afford a new one, but this one is almost down-to-the-ground length, as-new condition, very warm and looks as if it was quite pricey.  It isn't a style I would necessarily have chosen if I was buying new from a shop, but beggars can't be choosers and I've got used to it now and I'm very pleased. 

Anyway, this woman was advertising some girls clothes this week - a job lot for girls aged 5,6, 8 & 10.  72 items in total for 15€!  So today, Isabella and I went off to see her and we bought them!  Only put 4 to go to the charity collection (not that nice, but someone could use them, they weren't falling apart or filthy).  So in all 68 items for about 22centimes each.  There's a few things that fit the girls now, but most of it will be good for next summer and next winter, which is what they need, as they have plenty of stuff for this winter.  So am feeling a bit smug now.  And it was like Christmas had come early when I got back, what with the opening of the bags and the trying-on and the girls being so excited about it!

No comments: