This my irregular diary of the goings-on in my life. Right now, my family and I are in the process of re-locating back to the UK. And that's about it really.

05 August 2009

Not much to write about at the mo, we are very busy with the gites/cottages and what have you, loads of washing for me as we provide bedding and towels for 22, plus all that the girls generate, spending most of their time outdoors...


Mostly had some lovely guests in so far, apart from one cottage that we cleaned a couple of weeks ago that was absolutely disgusting. Four adults and two young children stayed for a week, you'd think it was a year and that they had never cleaned, it was completely gross, I will not go into details here as I am trying to forget about it, although I keep getting flashbacks, especially when I go back in there. It took six hours between Adrian and myself to clean it, it was so bad. Fortunately they had paid for the cleaning service, but it worked out at €5,00 per hour, much less than the minimum wage! Never seen anything like it and we've had a few dirty gites since we've been here (luckily most people leave them in a reasonable state, but the bad ones stand out unfortunately).


Anyway, weather is good at the mo, I believe it is raining in the uk, ha ha, you should have come here for your hols! We have now booked out all the summer and are concentrating on getting some more september bookings in now.


No comments: